Online Athletic Clearance
All returning and incoming athletes must have completed the Athletic Clearance process before they can participate in any summer and/or school-year sports activities.
The Athletic Clearance is valid for one year and must be repeated on an annual basis. Failure to renew the Athletic Clearance prior to summer will result in the student not being able to participate in any summer and/or school-year activities at Eastside High School. Participation is only allowed after the Athletic Clearance has been approved by Eastside Athletic Department.
Antelope Valley Union High School District uses an online Athletic Clearance Process for all student athletes. This online system has increased the efficiency of the clearance process, decrease paper waste, and greatly help all athletic staff members and coaches. The only papers that need to be turned in are the physical exam certification that is signed by a medical professional and the bus waiver. Step by step instructions for completing the online process with screen shots matching each step are listed in the AVUHSD Athletic Packet. You will need your physical document, insurance information, and student present in order to complete the online process.
The process that needs to be followed for athletic clearance is listed below.
- Athlete completes the Physical Form and Bus Waiver from Athletic Office.
- Athlete gets physical exam completed and signed by a medical professional.
- Parent/Legal Guardian and athlete complete the www.AthleticClearance.com portion of clearance process.
- Athlete turns in physical form and bus waiver to the athletic office.
- Secretary/AD review physical form, online information, and PowerSchool for each athlete and clear them.
- Parent/Legal Guardian will receive notification of clearance via email.
- Secretary/AD print athlete’s emergency info and puts it in coach’s box.
- Physical form is filed.
When you go to www.AthleticClearance.com and complete registration be sure to select the correct school year and school (listed below).
School: Eastside (CIF-SS)
Physicals must be on file before a student will be allowed to go out for a sport. A current physical is required for each school year and is valid for one calendar year from the date it was signed by the doctor. All medical information will be kept confidential according to HIPPA regulations.
You may pick up the AVUHSD Athletic Packet from the athletics office or you may download and print it.
In order to participate in any sport, the student must meet the following requirements:
- 2.0 grade point average each quarter and semester grading period
- Maintain minimum progress toward graduation
- Maintain acceptable citizenship
California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) Requirements:
- May not have reached his/her 19th birthday prior to June 15th of the current school year.
- Have attended high school not more than eight semesters.
- Have passed with at least a “C” (2.0) average 20 credits of work for the prior grading period of which only 5 credits may be Physical Education; be passing in 20 credits of new work for the current grading period.
- Have met residential requirements. Transferring from one school to another may affect your eligibility under the CIF Southern Section rules.
- Not compete on any outside team in the same or any other sport during the season of any sport.
- Pass a physical examination within the previous 12 months
- Be covered by or obtain athletic injury insurance. California Education Code Sec. 32221 requires every athletic team member to have accidental body injury insurance of at least $1,500 medical and hospital benefits. Make sure to include the name of the insurance company and policy number on the website.
- Parent/Legal Guardian: If you change insurance during the school year, it is your responsibility to provide the school site with your new insurance information. Please log back in to: www.AthleticClearance.com and update this information. Make sure the secretary of athletics has this information on file.
- Transfers: Complete and sign the CIF Parent/Legal Guardian/Student Certification Form that is turned into the Athletic Director. Receive notification from the Athletic Director that the student has been cleared for athletic participation by the CIF Southern Section.