California Scholarship Federation (CSF)
The CSF Application link will be poster in your Homeroom in Google Classroom at the beginning of each semester for students to apply with the previous semester's grades.
The California Scholarship Federation (CSF), Inc. is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to recognize and encourage academic achievement and community service among middle and high school students in California.
HOW TO QUALIFY FOR CSF MEMBERSHIP AND GRADUATE IN GOLD:
- You must earn a minimum of (10) points every semester. You must apply every semester.
- You must use no more than (5) courses to qualify (see provided course list for more info)
- No CSF points are granted for physical education, courses taken in lieu of physical education, subjects repeated to improve a grade, office practice, lab assistant, and courses taken on a pass/fail basis.
- CSF points are granted as follows: A = (3) CSF points, B=(1) CSF point, C=(0) CSF points. A (D) or (F) in any course disqualifies you from membership. One additional point is given for a grade of (A) or (B) in an AP, IB, or Honors course, up to a maximum of two such points per semester.
- Semester membership is based on work done in the previous semester.
- You must reapply each semester.
- To receive Life (Sealbearer) Membership and graduate in GOLD you must have a minimum of (4) eligible semesters (one of which must be from senior year) beginning with the second semester of 10th grade.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE BEGINNING OF EVERY SEMESTER
Community service is not required but strongly recommended.
- On Campus- campus clean ups, leadership position in CSF, tutoring, etc. (may not count hours used for service if being counted for the service requirement of another on campus club/class)
- Local Hospitals
- Homeless shelters
- Etc. (If you are not sure if your service qualifies check with the Advisers).
Advisor Contact Information:
Greg Pelczar and Cindy Perez
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
661-946-3800 ext. 1026 and 1025